as of 30/6/2020
Since 15th June the travel warning for tourists is lifted for most of Europe!
aachen tourist service e.v.
- Since 11/6 regular guided city tours take place (German language only). More information: www.aachen-tourismus.de/aachenoeffentlichefuehrungen
- Opening-hours Tourist Info Elisenbrunnen:
Tue, Wed, Thu 10:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m Sat+Sun 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m..
- Our Service Centre can still be reached from Mon. – Fri. from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at +49 241 18029-50 or email@example.com.
- Please note that we require all cancellations in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since 18/5/2020 overnight stays in tourist accommodations and on campsites have in principle been permitted again. This also applies to for travellers from the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Here you can book the Aachen hotels directly online.
- Here you will find an overview of our package offers.
- Since 11/5/2020 the camper site Stellplatz Bad Aachen is open again on a self-catering basis.
- From 30/5/20 coach tours are basically allowed again.
- From 29/5/20 onwards the CityTour buses will again drive through Aachen and the surrounding area. Details of hygiene measures in the buses can be found at www.citytour.de. Tickets are available at the Tourist Info Elisenbrunnen.
Border triangle (Germany/Belgium/Netherlands)
- The borders in the border triangle Germany/Belgium/Netherlands are open again.
- The Vennbahn-cycle track is open again.
- Since 11/5/20, restaurants, cafés and pubs with seating and food offerings have been open again.
- Guests are registered by name in order to better identify and trace possible infections.
- As a rule, guests are only required to wear a mouth-and-nose cover when collecting food from the restaurant and café.
- Bars and discos remain closed.
- All retail shops, shopping malls and weekly markets in Aachen are open again.
- Customers are obliged to wear a mouth and nose cover in accordance with the Corona Protection Ordinance.
Sights & Museums
- The Aachen Cathedral is open again.
- Since 3/5/2020 public services are again celebrated in Aachen Cathedral, taking into account numerous safety and hygiene measures.
- There will be guided tours of the cathedral from 1/6/20.
- Since 12/5/2020 the Aachen Cathedral Treasury has been open again regularly.
- A maximum of 30 people are admitted at the same time.
- Tickets are only sold in the Cathedral Information Point
Rathaus Aachen (Town Hall)
- Since 20/5/2020 the Rathaus Aachen has been open again during regular opening hours.
- Since 5/5/20 the Ludwig Forum for International Art (Jülicher Straße) and the Centre Charlemagne (Katschhof) have been open again during regular opening hours.
- The number of visitors will be limited to 50 in the Ludwig Forum and 30 in the Centre Charlemagne.
- Visitors are requested to purchase time slot tickets (2 hours) in advance via the relevant websites: Ludwig Forum / Centre Charlemagne
- The Couven Museum and the Newspaper Museum, which are more cramped, are not yet scheduled to open.
- The Kunsthaus NRW (Abteigarten, Kornelimünster) is open again on weekends and public holidays.
- Since 8/5/2020 the Energeticon (Konrad-Adenauer-Allee, Alsdorf) has been open with restricted opening hours.
Further cultural and leisure facilities
- Cinemas are open again!
- The Aachener Tierpark (Obere Drimbornstraße) is open again. Please note the further measures and restrictions on the website.
- Since 20/5/20 the open-air swimming pool Freibad Hangeweiher is open again.
- Major events are prohibited until at least 31/8/2020.
- At www.aachen-tourismus.de/en/discover/events we will inform you about current major events from 1/9/2020 as well as other smaller events.
Local public transport
Please visit www.aseag.de to find out about the current situation in public transport.