Four golden ladies or virgins surround the obelisks of the Hotmannspief, which was built in 1825.
The cold water that flows from their jugs offers welcome respite for anyone needing a drink. The location of the fountain, which was built in 1825 according to designs by Adam Franz Leydel, is historic. In the 14th century, there was already a running fountain on this site, which was not enlarged until the 16th century, when a water basin was added. Perhaps this is when it got its name, since the carriage drivers, also known as “Hotmänner”, were permitted to let their horses drink at this fountain after their journey.