as of 30/10/2020
You have to wear a mouth and nose cover in the entire pedestrian zone.
aachen tourist service e.v.
- Due to the current regulations regarding the coronavirus, we have to cancel all our public guided tours (German language only). More information: www.aachen-tourismus.de/aachenoeffentlichefuehrungen
- The number of participants per privat guided tour is limited to 9. All participants have to live in one household.
- Participants and the guide have to wear a mouth and nose cover during the whole tour.
- You have to maintain a distance of minimum 2 meters.
- Please note that our guided tours can be cancelled in short notice due to changes of the Corona pandemic.
- Opening-hours Tourist Info Elisenbrunnen:
Tue, Wed, Thu closed Fri closed Sat+Sun closed
- Our Service Centre can still be reached from Mon. – Fri. from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at +49 241 18029-50 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we require all cancellations in writing to email@example.com
- From 30.10.2020, citizens are urged to generally refrain from unnecessary private travel and visits, including those by relatives. This also applies within Germany and for day trips by day tourists. Accommodation in Germany will only be provided for necessary and expressly non-touristic purposes. Institutions and facilities which are to be allocated to leisure activities will be closed.
- Information for persons from risk areas you find here.
- Here you can book the Aachen hotels directly online.
- Here you will find an overview of our package offers.
- Since 11/5/2020 the camper site Stellplatz Bad Aachen is open again.
- From 30/5/20 coach tours are basically allowed again.
- The public city tour will not take place until November 30th 2020.
Border triangle (Germany/Belgium/Netherlands)
- Since 30/9/20 Belgium and most parts of the Netherlands belong to the risk area.
- The dutch gastronomy will be closed for two weeks from 14/10/20. It is possible to pick up food. This measure can take longer if necessary.
- The Belgian gastronomy will be closed for one month from 19/10/20. Pick up services are allowed.
- The Vennbahn-cycle track is open again.
- Bus tickets for the Arriva bus to Maastricht are currently only available ONLINE via www.arriva.nl
- From 02.11.2020: Catering establishments and bars, clubs, discotheques, pubs and similar establishments will be closed. Exceptions are the delivery and collection of take-away food for consumption at home and the operation of canteens.
- Guests are registered by name in order to better identify and trace possible infections.
- As a rule, guests are only required to wear a mouth-and-nose cover when collecting food from the restaurant and café.
- Bars and discos remain closed.
- All retail shops, shopping malls and weekly markets in Aachen are open again.
- Customers are obliged to wear a mouth and nose cover in accordance with the Corona Protection Ordinance.
Sights & Museums
- The Aachen Cathedral is open again.
- Since 3/5/2020 public services are again celebrated in Aachen Cathedral, taking into account numerous safety and hygiene measures.
- There will be guided tours of the cathedral from 1/6/20.
- Aachen Cathedral Treasury is closed from November 2nd to November 30th.
Rathaus Aachen (Town Hall)
- Since 20/5/2020 the Rathaus Aachen has been open again during regular opening hours.
- Since 5/5/20 the Ludwig Forum for International Art (Jülicher Straße) is open again during regular opening hours. The number of participants per tour is limited to 5. The number of visitors is limited to 50. Visitors are requested to purchase time slot tickets (2 hours) in advance via the relevant website: Ludwig Forum
- Till 31/10 there are no public tours through the Couven Museum and the Newspaper Museum.
- The Centre Charlemagne (Katschhof) is closed from 10.08. – 22.10.2020.
- The Kunsthaus NRW (Abteigarten, Kornelimünster) is open again on weekends and public holidays.
- Since 8/5/2020 the Energeticon (Konrad-Adenauer-Allee, Alsdorf) has been open with restricted opening hours.
Further cultural and leisure facilities
- Cinemas are open again!
- The Aachener Tierpark (Obere Drimbornstraße) is open again. Please note the further measures and restrictions on the website.
- Since 20/5/20 the open-air swimming pool Freibad Hangeweiher is open again.
- The Aachen Christmas Market is cancelled.
- Major events are prohibited until at least 31/8/2020.
- At www.aachen-tourismus.de/en/discover/events we will inform you about current major events from 1/9/2020 as well as other smaller events.
- At public events, cultural events, performances and concerts indoor and outdoor you have to maintain a distance of minimum 2 meters.
- The audience has to wear a mouth and nose cover also on the seats.
- Alcoholic drinks are forbidden.
- Singing along during musical contributions are not allowed.
Local public transport
Please visit www.aseag.de to find out about the current situation in public transport.